1.12.2011

You Feel Like Paradise and I Need A Vacation



My forever fave, Britney Spears, is back as of Monday with her new single, "Hold It Against Me". Very club (à la Necto on Friday nights), very energized, very produced. Energy and pop-music-forever props go to producer Max Martin, while thumping-beats and perhaps over-production goes to Dr. Luke. The chorus breakdown reminds me of the Luke-produced "Right Round" (Flo Rida), with the abrupt fallout of instrumentals and bass and the introduction of a twirling, sparkling background underneath the vocals.

Not my favorite Britney single, but I like that she's back with Martin. This single reminds me a lot of many cuts from her 2003 album In the Zone, as well as Blackout...neither of which were the most appealing to me either. I prefer the less rave-like, more standard pop Britney ("Lucky", "Crazy", "Toxic","Radar", "Stronger", "...Baby") that Jive is so well known for (Justin Timberlake, *NSYNC, BSB, Ciara, Usher).

Either way, I'm always a happy lass when Britney saves the day.

Hear the single:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak Up!